Benefits of Carrying your Baby Close
- Supports 4th Trimester conditions. Carrying helps to create the safe environment they know and are accustomed to.
- Helps caregivers to bond with baby and helps to create secure attachment.
- Helps with reflux, colic and constipation.
- Having baby close helps release oxytocin (known as the love hormone) for both caregiver and baby.
- Promotes responsive feeding (whether breast or bottle fed).
- Frequency and length of crying reduces when baby is held close.
- Safe place to sleep. Keeping baby close and in view, including day times sleep, reduces the risk of SIDS.
- An ergonomic carrier supports baby in a way that supports healthy hip, spine and muscle development and balance.
- Hands free. Caregivers are able to wear baby therefore giving comfort and support in a safe way whilst also able to use both hands.
- Encourages positive mental and emotional development.
K.Coll-Cats & S.Morris 2018
Find out how to book here.